Thursday, March 10, 2011

I've got plans


Living in California, we can't really complain about the weather, we *know* that, but... sometimes we still do (isn't there a song that goes something like that?)

We're ready for Spring, here! Ready for balmy days in the garden. I've got a couple of projects lined up.
Like these stepping stones. Need to get 'em seated. Re-shaping the edge of the lawn area. Bringing in new soil for new planting area. Re-mulching the pathways. and so on. Maybe I'll be able to sneak in a few small new plants. Maybe. What do you think...? But mainly, just need regular doses of that soul-restoring gardening therapy.

We walk back and forth across this lawn to our studio, many times each day. It can be swampy at times in the winter, and riddled with gopher tunnels, it's always uneven. Hence, the arrival of the stepping stones. Really, they're inspired by a nice flagstone path at my friend Leslie's. But click over here for much more inspiration. You just may find that you could use a path, too.
(screen shot via google image search)

2 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Blogger Garden Lily said...

I love flagstone paths, and like the pink colors in yours. Take your time to walk back and forth on them until they look and feel just right for you, before you seat them. They'll be great!

 
At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Jennifer Tidwell said...

I really like the grass in between the stones look, since I couldn't keep it out even if I wanted to. I'm trying to figure out if I should use concrete stepping stones or buy some natural stone. I like the look of natural stone, but it's pricey.

Thanks for the ideas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Go to older posts